CPSC announces Nu Skin Recalls Mist Diffusers Due to Risk of Mold Exposure0
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports this recall involves Nu Skin Epoch mist diffusers. The diffuser is a plastic bowl with a glass lid and bamboo trim ring, used to diffuse essential oils.
“Nu Skin” is engraved in the bamboo on the side of the product. The white and tan diffusers are 6.5 inches in diameter and 3.5 inches in height.
The recalled lot numbers are PZ11351, PZ17051, PZ21551, PZ03151 and PZ03451. The lot number is printed on the white plastic on the bottom of the product.
- Name of product: Mist diffusers
- Hazard: Mold can develop on the product, posing a health risk to individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
- Consumer Contact: Nu Skin at 800.487.1000 from 9:00am to 5:00pm ET Monday through Friday or online at www.nuskin.com, select United States, click the Contact link at the bottom of the page and then click on Recall for more information.
- Units: About 44,000 (in addition, about 4,800 were sold in Canada and 400 were sold in Mexico)
- Incidents/Injuries: None reported
- Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mist diffusers and contact Nu Skin for instructions to inspect the product for mold and for a free replacement mist diffuser if mold is identified. Nu Skin is contacting purchasers of the product directly. Sold exclusively online by www.nuskin.com from January 2015 through March 2016 for about $165.00.
- Manufacturer(s): Puzhen Life Co. Limited
- Distributor(s): Nu Skin Enterprises Inc., of Provo, Utah
- Manufactured in: Hong Kong